Sunflowers Tea Rose Dress
This collectors-edition Selkie dress is as sweet and as beautiful as a fresh bouquet. Perfect for romantic picnics or tea at the Plaza, this dreamy gown is supportive and lightweight, crafted in the image of Selkie’s Parliament dress to wear just about anywhere. Like Van Gogh’s ever-popular sunflower paintings, this sunny pattern brightens up any room. In fact, Van Gogh first painted his joyful sunflowers to add color to his dreary rental after inviting French artist Paul Gaugin to his studio. Gaugin raved about the colorful paintings and would later go on to replicate them in his own work.
- Cotton midi dress with full cups and underwire
- Single layer skirt
- Center back zip
- Elastic ruffle straps and puff sleeves
- Lightweight cotton
Fit Notes: This style depends on the high across bust and upper waist size only, as it has a skirt which does not require hip measurement. Please use steam on your Selkie Dresses, it will bring out the best fit!
PLEASE MEASURE ACROSS YOUR HIGH WAIST AND BASE ON HIGH WAIST MEASUREMENT
“Van Gogh recognised at once that he had created something important and relished the fact that his sunflowers were so distinctive that they functioned almost like an artist’s signature. As he told Theo in January 1889, while other artists were known for painting particular flowers such as peonies and hollyhocks, “the sunflower is mine”. “Van Gogh realised early on that sunflowers were a uniquely resonant motif which he could make his own,” explains Christopher Riopelle, curator of post-1800 paintings at the National Gallery.
This, in part, accounts for the popularity of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers today: they are a kind of visual shorthand for the artist, whose dramatic and difficult life, culminating in his death from a self-inflicted bullet wound in 1890, continues to fascinate the public.
“Instead of trying to render exactly what I have before my eyes,” Van Gogh told his brother shortly before beginning the series, “I use colour more arbitrarily in order to express myself forcefully.” This emotional, subjective use of colour would prove enormously influential on modern art, and continues to speak directly to people today. “I’d like to paint in such a way that…everyone who has eyes could understand it,” Van Gogh once said.” -the BBC
Fit Notes: Please note this product is based off of our old size chart. Please review the product measurements below to find your size.
|US||Dress Length||Across Bust||Across Upper Waist|
100% Paper Cotton
Dry Clean or Wash Gently Cold, Lay Flat to Dry.
Designed and fit in LA, Made in partnership with our reputable and expert production team in Jianying, China.
Our products are made with the utmost in quality by some of the best craftsman in the industry. Learn more about our team and see our facilities!
How to pick your size
We have a new upper size chart starting for Spring 2022! Base on your body measurements to buy. If you are a returning customer and wear a 1X or higher, you will now be one size smaller.
While you're thinking about sizing, check out the weird history and see why all size charts are different.
Need some more help? Text us for urgent responses! (213) 376-3522
SHIPPING METHODS & COST
Domestic and International shipping is FREE over $350, otherwise it is $20. Excluding Selkie White Glove Service styles.
Selkie White Glove Service flat rate of $25. Bridal gowns are pre steamed and carefully packed with our branded garment bag and pink velveteen & gold logo hanger. Please note that your gown may take up to two weeks to ship.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, it may take a little longer than usual to receive your order. All ready to ship items normally ship within 1-3 business days, but could take up to 7 business days with current delays, your package will be shipped via DHL, though we sometimes ship USPS or UPS depending on the location of the inventory.
International orders typically arrive between 7 to 10 working days.
Non-US residents: Please note that your order ships from China or the US and may be subject to additional customs fees upon delivery. While we try our very best to keep international shipping costs low, your country’s import fees are out of our control. All applicable customs and import duties and fees, taxes and any other charges and fees are the responsibility of the customer. Thank you for your understanding.
CANADA AND US TERRITORIES
In order to help customers save on taxes/duties and high shipping fees if your order is being shipped to Canada or a US territory please allow up to 2 weeks for order processing as your order may be sent to our LA warehouse from China then shipped directly to you. You will be emailed tracking as soon as your order is headed to you.
Pre order items will ship within 2 weeks of the date listed on the product. Please check your item dates carefully. Once processed you will receive a confirmation email with your tracking information. Please allow 4-7 days for your item to arrive once it ships out.
International orders will be shipped via DHL Express, we sometimes utilize USPS and UPS depending on the inventory location. DHL Express ships within 1-2 business days within Europe and within 3-4 business days in Asia. Selkie is not responsible for delays in shipping or delivery due to force of nature or other uncontrollable events. If your order is shipped USPS or UPS please allow longer time for arrival.
TRACK YOUR SHIPMENT
You can track your order with the tracking information provided in your shipment notification email.
LOST OR STOLEN PACKAGES
We offer Route Package Protection with every order, which covers items/packages that are lost, stolen or damaged in transit. For orders under $100, the fee is $0.98. For orders over $100, the fee is 1.5%-5% of your cart total. Route Package Protection is automatically added to your order, but you can remove it before placing your order if desired (Please note: If you choose to remove Route Package Protection, you accept that Selkie is not liable for items that are lost, stolen or damaged in transit). If you place an order with Route Package Protection and your item(s)/package(s) are lost, stolen or damaged in transit, please click here to file a claim. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email email@example.com.
Read our FAQs here.
If you don't love your Selkie, you may apply for a return or exchange as long as the item purchased was not final sale and you file your return online within 15 days of receiving your delivery. Items may only be exchanged once; if your exchange arrives and you are still unhappy with it, you may return it for a refund or credit within 15 days of arrival. You will have an additional 15 days to get your item in the mail once you have filed your return online. Shipping costs for your return will be deducted from your refund or credit.
Holiday Returns: For orders placed 11/24 - 12/31 you will have 30 days to file for your return online after delivery, final sale items are still excluded from returns.
- Please note: we do not accept returns for items used for events, photoshoots, or posted wearing on social media. Items must be unworn with all tags intact to be accepted.
- If your return arrives in less than the original condition we reserve the right to refuse the return and you will be responsible for return shipping to have the item sent back to you, or you may be charged a dry cleaning fee.
- All sale items over 25% off are non-refundable and are not eligible for exchange. Surprise Bags, mystery bags, and sample sale purchases are non-refundable and are not eligible for exchange. Items marked ‘final sale’ are indeed, final, and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Shipping and handling charges, insurance protection, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid (e.g. customs, VAT) are not refundable.
Start a Return:
- Visit our Return Center to file your return.
- You’ll need the email address associated with your purchase, or order number and shipping zip code. Next, you’ll receive step-by-step instructions and a shipping label, also sent to your email (Shipping costs for your return will be deducted from your refund).
- After you move through the steps on our Returns Center, you’ll receive a temporary credit equal to the value of the returns you’re sending back. You can use this credit to make a new purchase, and it ships right away. If you don’t use the credit, your original payment method will be refunded as usual. Shipping costs for your return will be deducted from your credit amount.
- We recommend obtaining a receipt from USPS when dropping off your return so that you can verify that your item was dropped off and sent back, hold on to this until your return has arrived and been processed.
- Visit our Return Center to file your return.
- You’ll need the email address associated with your purchase, or order number and shipping zip code. Next, you’ll receive step-by-step instructions and a return address sent to your email. You will be responsible for procuring your own return label, we recommend choosing a carrier that provides tracking and insurance.
- Be sure to include your order number and name as a reference inside your return package.
- Your refund will be issued as soon as your return has arrived and been processed, you will receive an email confirmation once we have processed your return. If you’d like to exchange your item, please send it back as a return and place a new order.
As of 11/17/2022 We have extended the return window from 7 days to 15. Orders placed prior to 11/17 are subject to the original return timeline of 7 days but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like an extension to 15 days.